The principles of our environmental policy are as follows:
Environmental protection comprises the totality of all measures and practices for the prevention of impact on or damage to the environment, in particular with regard to clean air, noise pollution, water pollution, waste management, and soil pollution.
Environmental protection is one of our fundamental company principles.
High product quality, optimum cost effectiveness and comprehensive environmental protection are to be assigned equal importance in their realisation.
Environmental protection is the duty of all employees. The development and sustaining of the environmental awareness of employees is an ongoing management responsibility.
Environmental protection measures must be adapted to technical changes to products, production facilities and process.
Laws, legal orders and other regulations, as well as provision laid down by public authorities, applicable to our site are to be strictly observed.
Where risk of personal injury or material damage exists, all reasonable measures to prevent such injury or damage are to be taken, even without special regulations.
Where measures to reduce / prevent ecological impact, even where no special regulations demand them and there is no risk of personal injury or material damage, are also an integral part of environmental protection.
In particular, our policy is to: –
- Assess, control and where possible reduce the impact or potential impact of our activities on the local and general environment, in co-operation with the appropriate public authorities.
- Continually improve our environmental performance.
- Set achievable objectives and targets, inform our employees of these and make them available to interested parties on request.
- Reduce our consumption of resources (materials, fuel and energy) and our production of waste and emissions
- Ensure unavoidable waste is where possible re-used, re-cycled or disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure that by management we are able to detect and where possible prevent accidental emissions or discharges.
- Reduce the environmental effects of material sourcing by assessing the environmental performance of our suppliers.
- Ensure that we maintain our environmental policy – carry out regular audits and set objectives and targets and to respond to any environmental corrective actions.
- Advise customers on the best environmental practices relating to the use and disposal of our products
- Ensure that all employees and sub-contractors working on our site act in accordance with this policy.
Date: 27th March 2023